SANDARAC RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Board of Directors of the Sandarac has established the following rules and regulations effective February 24, 2018. They are based upon courtesy, consideration, and common sense and are intended to ensure the safety of you, your family, and our fellow occupants. We ask that owners, renters, and guests bear in mind that The Sandarac’s is a residential condominium; it is not a resort motel, and these rules must be observed. It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that all of the Rules and Regulations are enforced. Violation of these Rules and Regulations may result in fines as set forth by the Board of Directors. If you have a question regarding these Rules and Regulations, please check with the Manager. Renters should contact the owner if with any questions.
- A unit cannot be rented for a period of less than 30 days or one (1) calendar month, whichever is less. Maximum occupancy is six (6) for two bedrooms and eight (8) for three bedrooms. Owners will be assessed a $100 per day fine for any rentals which do not meet the requirements of this rule. Subleasing is not allowed.
- Unit owners are not required to register in the office when they arrive. Everyone else who stays at least one night is considered a “guest on the premises” and must register with the office. This includes relatives, friends of the owners, or anyone staying in the condo if the owner is not occupying the unit with them. The website has pre-registration capabilities and the owner is responsible for informing their guests and renters to pre-register. All renters and guests must complete the registration process at the building manager’s office upon arrival. If the office is closed, a supply of registration cards is located by the office door. The completed card should be dropped through the mail slot. Unit owners who have a rental car will need to register their vehicle with the office and obtain a parking pass.
- Renters, tenants or guests may view all the rules and regulations on our website or obtain a copy of the rules and regulations from the building managers office upon arrival and or checking in and they must familiarize themselves with its contents. Behavior of renters and guests is the responsibility of the unit owner. The tenant and guests must follow the same rules and regulations that are in place for the owners.
- Pets: No animals are permitted to be kept on the condominium property without the prior written consent of the Board of Directors. Owners of units may keep a reasonable number of approved pets within their unit but only after having made a written request to the Board of Directors and having received written approval to keep such animals. Such request shall include photograph of the animal and a veterinarian’s letter documenting the animal’s age, breed and vaccination status, to the extent applicable.
- Approved pets are limited to no more than two (2) indoor house cat, two (2) small birds in cages, and a reasonable number of tropical fish in an aquarium no larger than twenty (20) gallons.
- Dogs and exotic animals are expressly prohibited from being kept on the Condominium property.
- Unit owners that have an approved pet on the Condominium Property must register their pet with the Association as provided above.
- Guests and tenants of units may not, under any circumstances, keep pets on the Condominium Property.
- Any pet, which becomes a nuisance, shall be immediately and permanently removed from the Condominium property following written notice by the Board of Directors.
- Owners are required to pick up after their pets when on Condominium Property and the failure to do so will result in fines being imposed by the Association as provided by the Condominium Act.
- It is expected that all owners/renters use their assigned numbered parking space for their first vehicle and marked visitor parking space for their second vehicle, if one exists. Visitor parking spaces are utilized on a first-come, first-serve-basis. No owner/renter is allowed to park more than two (2) vehicles on the premises. As a courtesy to visitors of Sandarac, it is strongly expected that owners park their second car as far away from the main entrances as possible. Extended use of more than 72 hours by the same owner/renter vehicle parked near the entrance of each building is discouraged and will be monitored. All vehicles must display a Sandarac parking permit or temporary parking pass. The parking of campers, mini-homes, recreational vehicles, boats, trailers, etc. is not permitted. In general, no vehicle will be permitted that exceeds the dimensions of the assigned, numbered parking space. Under no circumstances may any vehicle be used for living quarters. Contact the manager for other situations that may arise from time to time. There is a vehicle maximum limit of two vehicles per condo.
- 10 M.P.H. speed limits in the parking area are mandatory.
- The riding of bikes, motorized scooters, roller skates, skateboards, or the throwing of objects (balls, Frisbees®, etc.) are not permitted in the pool, parking spaces, walkways, elevators, or other common areas. Store bikes in recycling area after registering them with management.
- Entrance doors must be kept closed and locked at all times. Doors may not be propped open. Please clean off the sand from your feet and clothing before entering walkways or elevators.
- Unit doors: Each unit has a unique key. No unit owner may have his lock re-keyed or replaced without first notifying management and must provide management with a copy of the new key. For keyless entry systems, security codes must be provided. In case of emergency, locksmith will be called and hired to open the door to at owner’s expense.
- Stairways and walkways must be clear at all times and may not be used for storage, nor may decorations, towels, laundry, swimwear, beach toys, etc. be placed on the railings or unit porches where they will be visible from the exterior of your unit. Dusting of rugs, etc. from walkways and balconies is prohibited. No objects may be thrown from walkways or windows.
- No items can be put in common hall areas. This includes décor such as plants and chairs. Exception is made for the alcove area in front of a unit’s entrance door.
- Garbage and trash chutes are located on each floor. Secure garbage in plastic bags; break up large boxes or, if too bulky, carry garbage to the trash bin located on the ground floor and place in dumpsters. Use trash chutes between the hours of 8:00am to 10:00pm only. Recycling bins for newspaper, plastic, glass and cans are located in the parking lot near the front.
- Do not throw glass down the trash chutes at any time. Take glass items to the trash bin or recycling center located on the ground floor.
- No unit owner, renter, or guest shall play, or permit to be played, any musical instrument or operate or permit to be operated a phonograph, radio, television set or other loudspeaker, or electrical device that could be disturbing to other residents.
- Except for ordinary household cleaners, flammable, combustible, explosive material cannot be kept in the unit.
- No owner, renter or guest shall direct, supervise or in any manner attempt to assert any control over any of the employees of the Association, nor shall he attempt to send any of such employees upon private business of such owner, renter or guest.
- No owner, renter or guest is permitted on the roof of the building at any time.
- No cooking is permitted on the unit porches or common areas of the condominium, other than on the gas grill(s) installed by the Association.
- No fire of any kind is permitted on Sandarac property, including the beach.
- Complaints regarding the services or common or limited common areas of the condominium shall be made in writing to the Board of Directors or the management.
- Owners are required to install suitable sound proofing under any new ceramic tile or any other hardwood flooring material for floors 2 thru 9. The minimum requirement is Proflex 90 MCS or its equivalent. Ground floor units will require application of a vapor barrier product, such as Proflex MS225 or its equivalent, before installing any ceramic tile or other hard flooring materials, and be inspected by the Sandarac Manager prior to installing the flooring.
- Vehicles shall be washed at the designated area only.
- No unit owner shall make any alterations to their unit that would impair the structural integrity of or lessen the support of any portion of the condominium building. This would include load-bearing walls and walls that may contain shared vertical sewage pipes, fiber networking, and the like.
- No signs of any type are allowed in a unit or lobby window. Notices for the bulletin board must be approved by the board or their designated agent before posting. Do not put articles in the lobby without permission.
- Any vacant/unoccupied units, even for one night, need to have the main water and electric to the hot water heaters must be turned off.
- All workmen, contractors, and vendors working for a unit owner must be registered in the Managers office, submit all plans to the office for Managers approval and Board of Directors when necessary, submit a copy of their current certificate of insurance coverage to the Managers office, be licensed and/or registered by the state and/or town, obtain and have all required permits visibly posted in a unit window facing the outside walkway.
- If the owners themselves are performing work, all relevant rules apply. All of rule # 28,30, 35, 36 and 41 apply to them. All of rule # 33 applies with the exception of licensing and registration, unless it involves electrical, plumbing, window & sliding door replacements, or shutter installations.
- No major renovations are permitted between December 1st and May 1st of each year. A major renovation would be a project of more than one day’s duration involving any construction activity generating noise outside of the unit. Generally, this would involve the repair or replacement of walls, flooring, ceilings and kitchen and bath cabinets, but not limited to those projects. Specific construction activities that would not be allowed would include jackhammering, hammering, drilling, sawing or pounding of any kind. No work should be allowed outside the unit to prepare materials for unit installation during that time.
- Renovation work can start after 8:00am and must be completed by 5:00 pm, Monday through Saturday. Everything must be cleaned up at the end of each work day. No renovations are allowed on Sunday. This includes walkways and elevators. Failure to do so may result in a fine.
- Stainless steel flex hoses must be installed on the water supply faucets in the laundry room of all units.
- Owners may not plant flowers, bushes, trees, or any other plants on the grounds, in any other common areas, or limited common areas on association property. The Board of Directors must approve any changes to the landscaping of the grounds and such changes must be implemented by the Association, not by individual owners.
- The Board of Directors may impose fines against the unit owner for non-compliance by owners or renters of these rules or condominium documents.
- Unit owners, renters, guests and vendors must inform the office of any damages including leaks or accidents to their unit that could in any way affect the building, the association or any another unit, immediately so the office can inform those that need to be informed.
- When unit is unoccupied, owner may keep thermostat at a setting not higher than 77 degrees.
- Water heaters more than 7 years old must be inspected annually by a licensed professional. When replacing the water heater, a pan must be under the water heater, per contractor code.
- Unit owners may only use outdoor carpeting on lanai. Carpets must be picked up or rolled up and placed inside the unit when the unit is unoccupied.
- Unit owners must submit to the Association the company, person or local emergency contact information, who provides condo watch or storm assessment when owners are away.
- Children must be supervised at all times. Roller skates, roller shoes and skateboards are not allowed on walkways. The Board or their designated representative has the authority to require that an owner, guest, tenant, or other adult responsible for child/children will remove the child from the common areas if the child’s behavior necessitates such action.
- Drones may not be used on association property unless it is being used for association business. Drones are allowed on the beach only, not on the property, near the pool or not in the parking lot of Sandarac.
- Owners are responsible for damages to common element areas incurred while moving in or out, deliveries by vendors or during remodeling. Owners will be assessed for the cost of repairs, plus a fine if determined by the board.
- All common areas inside and outside including storage closets must be used only for association purposes. No articles belonging to vendors, owners, tenants or guests may be kept inside association storage.
- A designated person for condo watch is required. Each owner must provide the office with a designated company or person for condo watch for the office to reach in case of an emergency. An emergency/storm assessment fee of $60 will be billed to homeowners if the association has to access condos for storm assessment.
- All units will be used for residential purposes only.
Pool Rules and Regulations
Observe posted rules. Pool Hours: 9:00 am to Dusk
- Use restricted to residents and guests only, Max. 27 people
- State Law requires that swimmers shower before entering pool
- No food, glass, or pets in pool area
- Persons with open cuts, sores, rashes or communicable diseases are not permitted in pool
- Children must be toilet trained, and if under 12 must be supervised by a reasonable adult
- Lap Swim Time: 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Reserving of pool furniture is not allowed
- Do not remove furniture from pool deck
- Deposit all trash in containers provided
- No swinging from lifeline or ladders
- No floats, inner tubes and other large pool toys are allowed in the pool
- No horse play, running, jumping or screaming
- No radios, or stereos (except with headphones)
- Use pool at your own risk
- No diving
- No smoking in the pool area
- No drones
- Warning- No Lifeguard on Duty, Emergency Medical Service #911
Social Room Rules & Regulation
The building door key will provide access to the Social Room for all owners and renters. The Social Room will be available at all times between 8:00am & 11:00pm. The key to the equipment room in the Social Room will be in the possession of the management and Board of Directors. The equipment room will be locked at all times.
- Reservations can be made for four (4) consecutive hours between 8:00am and 11:00pm unless otherwise approved by Association Management.
- No more 38 people can be part of a Social Room function except for official Sandarac Association sponsored events.
- No more than 38 people can be part of a social room function except for official Sandarac Association sponsored events.
- Advance reservation must be made with Management and will be confirmed on a “first come first serve” basis. The Sandarac Association – sponsored events have priority for use of the Social Room
- The key to access the Social Room is to be picked up the day prior to the event. Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm. The key is to be returned no later than the next business day following the event. In the event the social room is reserved back to back the Building Manager will be responsible for putting the two users together to pass along the key in case office is closed.
- A $50 deposit is required at time of reservation by cash or check. Any cost for cleaning, repair or replacement or any damages or breakage during use will be deducted from the deposit and if the damages exceed the deposit amount the charges will be billed to the individual who reserved the Social Room.
- Live and electronic music be kept at a decibel level that does not disturb residents in the condominium.
- All items brought in for a function such as decorations, eating utensils etc. must be taken away. Kitchen must be cleaned and no food left in the refrigerator. Trash should be put in plastic bags.
- Lights and appliances are to be turned off and the door to the Social Room must be locked.
- The Social Room cannot be used for any occupant who is wearing a wet bathing suit. The right to use the Social Room does not extend to permit any guest to use the swimming pool.
Fines – All fees are per occurrence, unless otherwise noted
|1||Property Transfer Fee||For transfer of a condo||$ 100|
|2||Estoppel Letter||For transfer of a condo||$ 250|
|3||Late fee – Quarterly||$ 60|
|4||Pet Violation||Failure to clean up, per incident||$ 50|
|5||Parking Violation||First offense, per day||Warning|
|6||Parking Violation||Second offense, per day||$ 50|
|7||Parking Violation||Third offense, per day||$ 75|
|8||Parking Violation||3rd Offense, per incident||Towing|
|9||Construction Violation||First offense, per day||Warning|
|10||Construction Violation||Second offense, per day||$ 100|
|11||Construction Violation||Third offense, per day||$ 100|
|12||Other Rule Violation||First offense, per day||$ 50|
|13||Other Rule Violation||Second offense, per day||$ 100|
|14||No keys/code on file with the office||$ 50|
|15||New mailbox lock||$ 20|
|16||Lobby Keys||$ 10|
|17||New FOB||$ 25|
|18||Reprogramming FOB||$ 10|
|19||Storm Assessment Fee||$ 60|
|20||Insufficient Funds||$ 15|